For maximum performance the best drivers turn to Unplugged Performance. The Race Spec coilovers take the winning combination of our coilovers and add race specific valving and race specific springs. Drivers on the race spec coilovers have set world record lap times at multiple circuits including Tsukuba Circuit in Japan and Buttonwillow Raceway in California. Race Spec coilovers have a wide range of adjustability, however unlike our regular coilovers these will be more firm than the factory suspension for street use. This setup is street worthy but firm, therefore we advise it for serious drivers interested in competitive racing who can accept a firm ride on the street. All of Unplugged Performance suspension is developed by a dream team of top suspension engineers recruited by Unplugged and our parent company Bulletproof Automotive tapping our 20 year history in performance tuning.
WHICH UNPLUGGED PERFORMANCE COILOVER IS RIGHT FOR ME?
We were not only the first to create Coilovers for the Model 3, we’ve never stopped creating. Here’s a brief overview of our offerings:
Original Coilover Kit (our default recommendation) – https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/model-3-coilover-kit/
– The absolute best for daily driven cars and cars that will see track days. More comfortable than stock when set to soft, incredibly fast on track when set to firmer settings.
Coilover Kit, Race Valving (this product) – Firmer ride on the street for daily driving, a winning formula for top level competition on the race track. Incredible performance value for the money.
Coilover Kit, Pro Race – https://unpluggedperformance.com/product/model-3-pro-race-coilovers/
The winning formula of our race valved coilovers combined with Penske external reservoir double adjustable settings. Triple adjustable is also available.
30 DAY FREE TRIAL:
Our customer feedback has been so overwhelmingly positive that we’ve begun offering an unprecedented 30 day free trial for any Model 3 driver to switch from any competitor’s suspension to Unplugged Performance coilovers. Driving is believing, satisfaction guaranteed.
Back in October 2017 we combed our 19 year industry contacts to assemble a suspension dream team and to develop multiple suspension products. Before the end of 2017 we had fitted our first coilover prototypes, the world’s first Model 3 coilover. We then spent a year dialing in the valving and functionality to precision. It took us over a year before we released it to customers. In 2019 we brought Randy Pobst on board to add further first hand driving feedback. This validated our successes we were seeing, meanwhile also advising us on optimizations which have found their way into the May 2019 and forward production runs. As an extension of our development and custom valving we have standardized a racing specification valving profile and spring combination.
- Height Adjustable – fully personalize the height of your Model 3 from factory heights to slammed!
- Dampening Adjustable – One easy to use 24 way adjustable control simultaneously adjusts the ratio of Rebound and Compression damping. Rebound damping regulates the speed at which your shock bounces back from an impact (pothole, bump, hard cornering). By adjusting rebound dampening, one can customize the ride and handling of Model 3.
- Correct droop setting at any height – Independent ride height adjustment ensures correct preload setting without sacrifice and handling loss at different heights.
- Easy to access external adjustment knob included for fast access in the frunk.
- Every shock is custom engineered utilizing our racing background and partnerships (our parent company is Bulletproof Automotive with a history since 2000 of building award winning street and track cars). Each shock is assembled utilizing top shelf components from Ohlins and others. After assembly they are placed on a shock dyno to validate exact results.
- High flow D port pistons + super low friction seals and rod guide bushings
- High end monotube design – Lighter and more consistent performance when driven hard. No cost cutting measures utilizing less expensive twin tube.
- Progressive bump stops
- Race Spec Swift linear coilover springs – the best coilover spring money can buy.
- Race Spec custom valving
- Swift thrust sheets ensure silent operation
- Retains the factory upper damper mounts to mitigate the transmission of excessive noise and vibration into the passenger cabin
- Like our Dual Rate Lowering Springs, the Unplugged Performance Coilover Suspension Kit is a simple and straightforward installation onto you Tesla Model 3 (about 3-4 hours)
- Assembled in USA
- Rebuildable and re-valvable in USA